Earlier this week I attended an event at The Body Shop, Trafford Centre, for the launch of their new superfood face masks. What else can I say other than I absolutely loved it and now want so many of their products! The evening started with an introduction to each of the masks, what they contained and what skin type they were best suited to. Following this we had chance to chat with the skin care expert 1-to-1 about our skin concerns and what products would be best for our skin concerns. This was really interesting for me and made me realise that I really don’t look after my skin enough! If you are ever popping into The Body Shop I’d definitely recommend speaking to one of their skin care experts to help determine what could work for your skin.
Now more on those superfood face masks, I’ll give a very quick breakdown of them below and link each to The Body Shop website in case anyone wants to know more…
- Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask: 100% vegan mask that is purifies skin for a healthy glow and absorbs excess oil.
This is the best selling superfood mask by The Body Shop at the moment and the one I tried at home (thank you to The Body Shop Trafford Centre for the cute goodie bag I received at the event). The mask was lovely and cooling when I applied it, it is a clay mask that dries firmly. It probably wasn’t the best choice for my skin type (dry) as it absorbs excess oil but I was still really pleased with the results and felt my skin looked more ‘glowy’ afterwards. I also felt that it exfoliated my skin without being overly harsh like some exfoliators on the market can be.
- British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask: 100% vegan gel face mask, ideal for skin that needs re-hydrating to its dewy glow. This mask is designed to soothe and tone skin whilst also moisturising.
This seemed like a good choice for my dry skin and it’s already on my Christmas list!
- Amazonian Acai Energising Radiance Mask: 100% vegan juicy face mask for skin that needs a recharge and is showing signs of stress. This lovely mask helps to fight signs of fatigue.
- Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask: 100% vegetarian melting face mask that assists in the restoration and replenishing of skin. Designed for skin that requires a dose of moisture to feel soft and smooth again.
- Chinese Ginseng and Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask: 100% vegetarian creamy and exfoliating mask. This mask offers skin an intense treatment, illuminating and revitalising skin that is dull and uneven.
This mask felt amazing when I tested it on my hand – I’d love to give this is one a try as my skin tone is quite uneven. This mask is also on my Christmas list!