Yikes! It’s been 5 months since my last blog post. A massive apology for that first of all, second year of uni has been a whirlwind meaning I haven’t had any spare time to dedicate to my beloved blog (which has really been annoying me by the way). Anyway, one more exam and then second year is nearly over.
So its my birthday next week, yay! I turn twenty *cough* something… I thought this would be a perfect time to kick start my blog again with more of a personal post and hopefully pass on a few pearls of wisdom to all the younger twenty somethings out there. So here goes… 31 things I’ve learned since turning twenty something:
- It’s okay to change your job – A LOT – after all it’s what you’ll be doing for the rest of your life.
- As hard as it is, don’t compare yourself to others on Instagram, or any social media platform really. Remember social platforms usually highlight the ‘good times’ and not the bad.
- Wear suncream, tans are all good until you hit mid twenties and those wrinkles creep up on you. I mean, we’re talking old leather boot wrinkles.
- In my opinion, high end lipsticks are always worth the extra cash.
- Work hard in high school so you can follow your dreams – I wish I had.
- You don’t have to follow fashion trends – just be you.
- Be kind – always. You never know what troubles others may be facing, treat others how you wish to be treated.
- F*ckboys are for Christmas, not for life.
- Don’t rely on material things to define you, your life experiences define and mould who you become.
- TWO layers of fake tan – ALWAYS.
- Hoes before bros. Keep in touch with your friends – especially when you’re in a relationship.
- Don’t believe everything you read/see in the press – it’s usually bullsh*t.
- You don’t look ugly in all those holidays photos you took!
- Don’t stay in relationships with boys who make you cry.
- Cut your hair short if you like, it’ll grow back eventually.
- Don’t overthink (still working on this one).
- Either legs out or boobs out – avoid both.
- Travel as far and as often as your budget allows.
- Don’t get too drunk on nights out, less you won’t remember all the fun you had that night.
- Life is tough – but so are you.
- If your best friends don’t like all of your pictures on Instagram, are they really your best friends?
- Never get drunk on Christmas Eve, it RUINS Christmas Day.
- Your flaws make you flawless – embrace them.
- If you’ve got those menstrual time chocolate cravings, just eat the damn chocolate. Forget your waistline.
- One night stands usually only make you feel worse about yourself.
- If you like another girl’s outfit – tell her! Support your sisters!
- If people tell you you’re not confident enough – F*ck them!
- University isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
- Go to the dentist – you only get one set of teeth.
- Getting anxiety is ‘normal’…in fact I’m sure everyone has it at some point in their lives.
- And lastly, probably the most important…MUM IS ALWAYS RIGHT (especially about the dentist).
Love Jessica Ann xxx
P.s. Feel free to comment with any life tips of your own!